Senior Corporate Dealer
Following a period of platform investment and growth, Aston is seeking a Senior Dealer focused on FX and cash management needs of corporates and institutions. The role is integral to the next stage in the growth of the company and will provide excellent rewards and career progression for the right person.
This role is the perfect opportunity for a highly motivated, target obsessed individual with an exceptional work ethic. As an FX and corporate cash management specialist, you will be at the forefront of our corporate sales operation, and will be responsible for generating a significant level of the business sales working with an existing client book.
This position requires that you possess a combination of strong sales skills, thought leadership and self-motivation. You will be an expert and have a proven track record in transitioning new-to-Aston relationships from the salespeople to the dealers, nurturing existing relationships and bringing former customers back to Aston.
Execute & trade a large corporate client book, mainly spot and forward contracts.
- Deliver excellent client relationship and account management throughout the sales process on all trades
- Must come from a deliverable FX background and ideally would have experience with interest-bearing solutions or Money Market products
- Delivering highly professional presentations to prospective clients and closing in non-face to face meetings (phone calls, video calls, etc.)
- Be able to provide a range of appropriate hedging strategies on a consultative but non-advised basis and deliver the strengths of the firm to the client.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of economics and politics and have the ability to clearly communicate market news in plain English.
- Ensuring you are up to date with our latest products and services in order to serve all of the clients’ needs and thus do not miss an opportunity to optimise your profitability by offering value to your customers.
- As an ambassador for Aston, you must represent the company with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
- Be transparent, upfront and always follow [PG1] best practice.
- CF30 or equivalent desirable.
- Execute & manage a large and growing corporate and institutional client book across spot and forward contracts, payments and cash management.
- You will have a significant experience working within a deliverable FX company.
- Have a strong knowledge of all products including, including spot FX, forwards & Money Market Funds.
- Experienced at winning new Business within FX or related industries is very desirable, although the role is not explicitly sales / business development.
- Strong account management skills
- Must have a proven track record of delivering on revenue targets and making a key contribution to business growth.
- Great team management and leaderships skills are highly desirable.
Great customer service and a trustworthy approach is a must.
- Identifying issues with transactions day to day, and reporting these to Operations
- Effective management of counterparty relationships and operations for day-to-day delivery
- Interacting with the Payments team
- Work with Operations to help ensure effective payments, including any issues which might affect reporting and safeguarding of client funds
- Ensure integrity of payments and settlements for the business
- Support trading team with effective client operations and communication relating to payments
- Provide feedback to support the development of Aston’s banking and technology infrastructure
- Experience of dealing with complex Financial Institutions, including Investment Funds and Private Equity Houses is very desirable